If you are a California resident, California law provides you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal data. To learn more about your California privacy rights, please see Appendix A (“Privacy Information for California Residents”)
- What information do we collect from and about you?
- How will we use the information we collect?
- Marketing communications
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Interest-based advertising
- How is your personal data collected?
- Data security
- How long will we keep your personal data?
- Disclosure of your personal data?
- Your data – your rights
- How can you contact us?
- Appendix A: Privacy Information for California Residents
1. What information do we collect from and about you?
Personal data generally means information that identifies you as an individual, and any other information we associate with it. Depending on how you interact with the website, we may collect, use, store and share different kinds of personal data. The personal data which we may collect, use, store and share fall within the following groups of information:
- Identity Data may include first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include email address, physical address, and telephone numbers.
- Professional Data may include company name and job title.
- Technical Data may include internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data may include your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use and interact with our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing and other communications from us and our third parties and the content of your communications with us.
2. How will we use the information we collect?
We may use the information we collect information from and about you to:
- communicate with you;
- provide you with information, products, or services;
- respond to your inquiries and requests;
- send you marketing and other email communications;
- comply with law and regulations;
- conduct surveys and request feedback;
- improve our products and services;
- personalize your repeat visits to our website;
- administer and facilitate use of the website;
- monitor and analyze usage and trends to enhance and improve the website and user experience; and;
- protect our legal rights and the rights of others, maintain website security, and conduct investigations.
Where applicable law requires that we rely on a legal basis for processing your personal data, most commonly we will process your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where you have given your consent.
If you fail to provide certain personal data when requested, you may not be able to access or use all of the website features and services.
You may have an option to receive marketing email communications from us or third parties, in which case you may opt-out at a later date. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, you may continue to receive non-commercial email messages from us.
4. Cookies and similar technologies
For more information about the cookies we use and how you can opt-out, please see our Cookies Policy.
6. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect personal data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- contact us and communicate with us;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- participate in a promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we and our third party advertising and analytics providers may automatically collect Technical Data and Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We and they collect this data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details.
7. Data security and international transfers
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed to unauthorized persons. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. If we transfer your personal data to a different country, we will comply with applicable transfer requirements to ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by implementing relevant safeguards. If you are located in the EEA, any transfer of your data outside the EEA will be based on the EU Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, Binding Corporate Rules or other valid legal basis for such transfer.
8. How long will we keep your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is reasonably necessary, taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new products and services and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). After this period, your personal data will be deleted from all systems in Chr. Hansen.
9. Disclosure of your personal data
If you would like to request to review, correct, or update personal data that you have provided to us, please contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. Please note that we may need to retain certain personal data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. Depending on where you reside, you may have the following additional rights:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”).
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your erasure request and if that is the case, we will notify you of the specific legal reasons for our inability comply at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data (for example, where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms). You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
California Residents: If you are a California resident, please see Appendix A titled “Privacy Information for California Residents” for further information about additional rights you may exercise.
- By email to [email protected]
- Write to us at: Chr. Hansen Inc., Attn. Global Privacy Officer, 9015 W Maple St. Milwaukee, WI 53214.